Sunday, September 4, 2011

Arguments with God

I don't know about anyone else, but sometimes I argue with God.
I don't set out to argue. 
I mean I don't wake up in the morning and say, Today, I think I'll argue with God.
Nope.
This morning, I engaged in what might seem to be an exercise in futility.
However, it was not futile.
{futile: incapable of producing any result; ineffective; useless; not successful}
Perhaps, it was more of a discussion than an argument.
Maybe, actually, it was more like God interjecting his wisdom into my thoughts...
And I didn't recognize it through several thoughts and responses.
Whatever it was, it went like this.
X person doesn't even want to believe in you.{You don't see him the way I see him}
I don't see how I can get through to him. Nothing I say makes a difference. {Rachelle, you can't see the work I'm doing}
He's a hopeless case. {Do you doubt my power?}
At this point, the argument was over...
I was filled with conviction, because, honestly, sometimes I forget God is sovereign.
I mean, I know God is sovereign.
I realize that God is bigger than my mortal mind can comprehend.
He is vast, tremendous, immeasurable.
God is the creator of the entire universe...
{In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. The same was in the beginning with God. All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made. In him was life; and the life was the light of men. And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not. John 1:1-5}
It's just sometimes, oft times, I look at my surroundings and circumstances through eyes of darkness.
I cannot change someone's mind.
I cannot fix them.
I cannot perform miracles.
Turn water into wine.
Feed 5000+ people with 5 loaves and 2 fishes.
And somehow I try and merge my concept God with my humanity.
But...
GOD is not human.
God is immortal.
Powerful.
AMAZING.
{Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, the only wise God, be honor and glory for ever and ever. Amen. I Timothy 1:17}
{That the God of our Lord Jesus Christ, the Father of glory, may give unto you the spirit of wisdom and revelation in the knowledge of him: The eyes of your understanding being enlightened ; that ye may know what is the hope of his calling, and what the riches of the glory of his inheritance in the saints, And what is the exceeding greatness of his power to us-ward who believe , according to the working of his mighty power, Which he wrought in Christ, when he raised him from the dead, and set him at his own right hand in the heavenly places, Far above all principality, and power, and might, and dominion, and every name that is named , not only in this world, but also in that which is to come: And hath put all things under his feet, and gave him to be the head over all things to the church, Which is his body, the fulness of him that filleth all in all. Ephesians 1:17-23}
Power far above all these earthly things.
Power and authority that I cannot even begin to fathom.
I mean, if He can insert his wisdom, conviction and hope right into my thoughts, not my prayers, but my thoughts...
How can I not expect him to work on X person's behalf? 
How can I doubt his working, just because I cannot see it with my eyes of darkness?
How can I...
And there is the problem.
He CAN.
And there is the solution.
{I can do all things THROUGH CHRIST which strengtheneth me. Philippians 4:13}
I can because He can...
And it doesn't stop there.
{And we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to his purpose. Romans 8:23}
{For I know the thoughts that I think toward you, saith the LORD, thoughts of peace, and not of evil, to give you an expected end. Jeremiah 29:11}
He is working it all out. 
All I have to do is TRUST.
Sounds simple, but I struggle greatly with trusting.
But I'll save that for another post.

1 comment:

  1. I LIKE, I think its good you have a blog :) I know I love having one, its a way for me to express how I am feeling, thinking, or certain things written on paper (or typed out) than through my mouth :)

    ReplyDelete