Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Catching up.

Ok, so, I don't blog a lot.  If you are attempting to follow me, this is most likely to your benefit.  So, this is what has been going on.
I finished out last quarter (a bit of stress was involved in this process, as would be expected.)  Of course, finals fell on my work week.  Handy.  To my credit (?), I took Wednesday off and only called in one other day.  What is $$ anyways?  Grades are in... I didn't do too shabby.
After that, I headed off with my friend, Anjel, to Summit Conference in Spokane.   A lot of the people from my church were also going... it was shaping up to be a fun time.  Shopping, eating, church... the whole 9 yards.  Anjel and I get to Spokane, check in to our hotel, change clothes and head over to the conference.  Halfway through the first speaker I feel my stomach turn a little bit, so when he is done I head to the restroom... long story short, I throw up and spend the rest of the service sitting outside the bathroom on a bench with my little friend, Jacob Carlson (who was suffering from a sinus headache and extreme thirst).  The next 14 hours are spent rotating between the bed and the bathroom, in a state of dehydration and wishing I were at home.  Happily, my dad decided to come over for the Friday services, and like a good dad will, he ferried me around to Walgreens and then to find some soup. (I know my friends that were there would've happily helped me out, but I didn't want to impede on their fun)  I ate and was able to make the evening service, but decided to come home with my dad.  I slept all the way home in the car plus the next 15.5 hours.  Yay... what a great way to spend my spring break.

Sunday fared better.  I went to church service and directly afterwards, I headed over to pick up one of my dearest CLC friends from Sea-Tac airport.  She lives in Juneau, but had been down in Colorado and Wyoming visiting her husband and her mom's family.  As you can see, we went to the space needle and then went and ate at the Cheesecake Factory.  You know you're good friends when you haven't seen someone in 9.5 years and it's like you've never been apart.  I love you, Angela (Sharclane) Jack!


The Spring quarter started this week.  I am taking Microbiology and Organic Chemistry.  I am glad to report that one of my friends, Janet, also is in Microbiology.  It's always good to have friends in class.  I am wishing to replicate my grades from last quarter.... I know it will take a lot of diligence and hard work, but I think I can do it.  It's funny how just being back in the school swing had made me feel so much more prepared for this quarter as opposed to last quarter.  Prayers are still appreciated.

Next item to check of my list is EASTER SUNDAY.  I have been thinking a lot about this.  Look for another blog soon.  I am painting!  In church!  In front of EVERYONE! Yikes.  I am having to claim II Corinthians 12:9- And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for you: for my strength is made perfect in weakness.  Most gladly therefore will I rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest on me.  Because, honestly, I am not a painter or an artist of any sort.  At first, I was kind of freaking out, but I will do my part and depend on God to supply the rest.



No comments:

Post a Comment